Sunday, March 31, 2013

bossy little brats


This easter I was at work all day today enjoying all the rude people on the holiday. Holidays bring out the worst kind of people at restaurants.  So im already having a crappy easter and I get this table of three. Its grandparents and their 10 year old grandson and let me tell you this kid drove me crazy. The ten year old was the worst person I had all day.  And the grandparents did nothing. So being parents how do you get your kids to act like you want them to even though you are not there?   I had to run back and forth for this kid. He ordered anything he wanted then told me to send it back and get him something else and do you know what the grandparents did. Nothing. Because that is what grandparents do. They were way to old to try pay attention to the kid and didn’t even notice half the time that the kid was being a little pain.  Now the question is how do you keep your kids from acting a fool when you are not there, because I know a parent wouldn’t have let him order three things and send them all back. You would tell him to suck it up and eat it or not let him order it in the first place. Children are a direct reflection of the parents and I never want my children to treat any adult they way these grandparents let this kid treat me.  Tell me how to keep my kids from being little BRATS

4 comments:

  1. Force good manners from the beginning and let them know what will happen if he/she doesn't act appropriately. We went out for wings the other night with Todd and his coworkers and she forgot to order boneless and when they came back the waiter said he would take them back and she said no i forgot it's okay and then when she didn't like the taste of one she didn't complain or let the waiter give her anything else. I think having worked in the restaurant business she grew up looking at a server differently then most though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just don't want our kids acting one way with us and then going to grandma and doing and acting however they want

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats when you and the grandparents need to be on the same page and your kid needs to know that what you say is solid. Granted kids will be kids, Deans gonna act 3 no matter who he's with but Angel knows not to act spoiled or a brat when she's not with us!

    ReplyDelete