Tuesday, May 14, 2013

milk

as the time draws closer to august I am beginning to ask more and more questions to my friends and family.  lately ive been asking about breast milk. I heard so many things about breast feeding that im not sure what is right and wrong. someone said that you cant go over 8 hours without pumping or you will dry up. someone told me you could freeze your milk if you pump it. one person said drink a dark beer if you are having problems getting milk started. please help teach me. comments are wanted I would like to know all you can about the rules of breast milk. I think its important to start babies off right with what they are eating but I don't know what's right and wrong

3 comments:

  1. BM that's been frozen has to be used within a day of being thawed out.  If you have fresh milk, though, it can sit in the fridge for 5-7 days (some people say more, some say less).  So, if you're taking fresh milk that won't expire soon, you're good.  If you're going to use frozen milk, I would let the sitter thaw it out.  It doesn't take long to give the bag a hot water bath to heat it up enough to pour into a bottle and then stick in the bottle warmer.  BM should never be microwaved or boiled because it loses its antibodies and can also get scaldingly hot in the center

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow. thanks for all the info. I think bm is the way to go now that I know more about it. I was just so worried since I work so much I would only get to do it for the first 3 weeks

      Delete
  2. http://www.workandpump.com/storage.htm

    Try this site has really good info and its too much to type lol.

    ReplyDelete